MiCAL v15 package given RPS accreditation
Thursday, October 22, 2015
- Since version 14, the main changes to note are:
- Review and update of all sections
- Section added under ‘introduction to MiCAL’ covering when and why to document medicines related enquiries.
- Rearrangement of ‘resources by clinical topic’ section to map to the layout of the two resource documents produced by UKMi (Resources for Purchase and Resources with Free Access) with additional resources previously not covered.
- Case scenarios and MCQs amended to reflect the clinical practice at the time of writing.
- New section entitled ‘clinical tutorials’ to cover the medicines information enquiry categories as listed in MiDatabank version 3.1. The tutorials are designed to be refreshers.
- Additional information under ‘patient safety’ that shares learning points from the ‘incident reporting in medicines information scheme’ (IRMIS) reports.
- Overhaul of the ‘basic writing skills’ section to relate more to providing written responses to medicines related questions, or preparing short pieces of written work.
- ‘User Guide’ updated to reflect changes and the mapping of content to various available pharmacy based frameworks.
Website at www.midatabank.com/mical